Al Mar Knives
Al Mar Sere Operator Knife Review
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Santiago_Gutierrez]Santiago Gutierrez
The Al Mar Sere Operator borrows its design from the popular Sere 2000 folding knife and makes for one of the toughest production fixed blades on the market today. I recently got a good deal on this knife and here are my honest opinions:
What I like about the knife:
1. At 5 inches long, the S30V blade comes extremely sharp right out of the box. S30V stainless steel is one of the most treasured blade steels in the knife world today, and for good reason. The Sere Operator has no problem holding its edge even after continuous use.
2. With so many knives being made overseas nowadays, it's becoming difficult to find any made in the U.S.A. Al Mar Sere Operators are made in the United States, and the quality reflects that.
3. Your Sere Operator will be made with a full tang that extends to the end of the handle. This feature gives the knife a lot of added strength and is much less likely to break when you need it most.
4. The molded sheath is perfect for tactical and emergency operations because it will not be affected by rain, snow or sand. The belt attachment is adjustable to allow for multiple carrying options.
5. Al Mar also offers the Sere Operator with a saw on the back of the blade, which gives you added functionality for wilderness survival or emergency situations.
What I didn't like:
I would like to see this knife available with partial or full serrations, but other than that I have nothing bad to say about the Sere Operator.
Al Mar took a proven design and turned it into one of the most trustworthy fixed blades out there. I highly recommend this knife as a camping, military or emergency tool that will last a lifetime.
You can get an Al Mar Sere Operator for $140 or less at http://www.KnifeSell.com
Thanks for reading,
Santiago Gutierrez http://www.KnifeSell.com
Next page: Ka Bar Knives
Bookmark/Share This Page: